Monday, January 12, 2009

New Blog's Resolution

Okay, I normally don't believe in New Year's resolutions for myself, because, well, I have no will power to keep the resolutions past, say, 2 hours.  When 2009 rolled around two weeks ago I patted myself on the back because I made no false promises to myself.  Most people vow to cut desserts out of their life.  I seriously need chocolate to keep my sanity most days. It's an addiction/coping mechanism I have no qualms about.  Last week I had a particularly stressful day and consoled myself with some warmed dutch apple pie a la mode with Girl Scout Samosa cookie ice cream and caramel drizzled on top.  Yum.  I thought in the back of my mind, yet again, that I was smart to not make a resolution to cut sweets, because, well, this was too good to miss!  (and it did put me in my happy place as well!)  

Fast forward a couple days and I'm sticking my foot in my mouth.  (Not literally, but just maybe if it was covered in caramel...)  I have this strong urge to start blogging, and I'd like to keep at it.  I'm not even sure why.  A bit to keep family and friends updated on the going-ons of my family, a smidge for advertising my video biz, possibly a dash to leave my imprint and (probably boring) musings, but whatever the driving reasons behind it, here I am.  And I resolve to blog at LEAST once a week.  There.  I said it.  Feel free to call me on it if I lapse.  But I'm going to try reeeeally hard.  Now I'm off to find some chocolate...

No comments: