Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chicago Sugar Rush

I called my brother the day before his birthday and asked him what his big plans were for the following day.  He said he had to put up his paintings for an art show at Bleeding Heart Bakery.  Since he doesn't have a car, the girls and I offered to spend the day with Uncle Tim, and we had a great time.  I think we have to do impromptu road trips like this more often. 




DELICIOUS cupcakes!!!  I'm a total dork when it comes to cake decorating shows on the Food Network.  I had actually just seen the chef of this bakery in  Food Network Challenge a week before we went!  Awesome organic ingredients.  We ate some cupcakes to celebrate Tim's birthday.  I chose the Tandoori cupcake.  A little savory, a little sweet, a lot amazing!!!  Tim had triple chocolate, Beth chose chocolate raspberry and Clara chose chocolate peanut butter.  I snapped quickly while they inhaled!







At Tim's apartment we colored pictures, drank really strong coffee and stuffed ourselves into the fake fireplace.  Don't ask. ;-)




Hand soap.  Hmmm...

No comments: