Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Labyrinth Flashback

One of my favorite time-killing websites is 

http://www.NotAlwaysRight.com  

It's a funny site in which people who work in the service and retail industry dish about some of their most memorable customers.  This recent article was especially funny to me regarding David Bowie's tights in Labyrinth...one of my favorite movies in my pre-teen years.  (And btw, Pan's Labyrinth is definitely NOT a children's movie!  Visually stunning, yes, but I hid my eyes on several violent scenes.)


May Contain Scenes Of Gratuitous Bowie

LIBRARY | LONDON, UK

Customer: “Yes, I’m looking for this movie for my daughter:Pan’s Labyrinth. I heard it was very good.”

Me: “Yes, it was very good.”

Customer: “Do you think the girls would like it?”

Me: “I don’t know, how old are they?”

Customer: “Nine.”

Me: “Uh, ma’am, Pan’s Labyrinth isn’t really a kids movie. It’s about the Spanish Civil War.”

Customer: “The what?”

Me: “The Spanish Civil War. General Franco. There’s a scene where a man gets his face beaten in.”

Customer: “But in the previews it looks like a kid’s movie, like that other movie with puppets.”

Me: “Do you mean Labyrinth?”

Customer:“Yes!”

Me: “That may be a better choice, trust me.”

Customer: *leaves*

Coworker: “I don’t know if David Bowie’s giant crotch is really safe for kids either…”


***See David Bowie sing Labyrinth's "Dance Magic Dance" here

No comments: